Tutorial: Lollipop Earrings

     This year, my school had a board game themed spirit week, and for one of the days, I had to dress up in Candyland fashion. I didn't really have anything that was "Candyland-ish", so I decided to make some things to compliment the theme. After much pondering over what I could make, I finally decided to make some lollipop earrings so I could be Princess Lolly or Queen Frostine or the like. Of course, school got cancelled because of slightly adverse road conditions (we're talking perpetual ice-rink conditions)... so I never got to wear them. Still, I thought they were neat, so I'm sharing them with you.


     I made the earrings with ribbon rosettes and some basic wire-working techniques. Nothing too hard really. In fact, nothing hard at all. Ready to see how?

Supplies
  • Earring wires
  • 2 six inch lengths of ribbon
  • Glue gun
  • Wire (a medium thickness/gauge)
  1. Gather your supplies (it's a no brainer, really). Tie knots at the end of the ribbons, twist the wire into candy sticks, and also twist the loop at the end of the earring post 90 degrees so you can glue it down flat later on.
  2. Begin twisting and wrapping the ribbon around the knot, securing with tiny dots of hot glue as you go. But don't burn yourself on molten hot glue... or the tip of the glue gun. Yeah, sad. I know. But I've done it before, and thought I'd spare you the agony.
  3. Once the lollipop rosette is the size you want it to be, bring the end to the back of the rosette and glue it down. You should probably trim off the extra ribbon too.
  4. Now, glue your wire "stick" onto the back of the rosette.
  5. Right on top of the stick, glue the ear wire.
  6. It should look like the picture with the earring post perpendicular to the rosette.
  7. Glue the other piece of extra ribbon on top of the stick and post.
  8. And, you are done! Gaze in awe of the little wearable confection you just made. :0)

     See? Easy, right? This project only took me around 20 minutes, and that was with taking pictures and scrounging around the house for a ribbon that suited my liking. You could omit the stick too, and just make cute little rosette earrings.

     If you have questions, feel free to leave a comment.

1 comment:

  1. sweet deal! (heh, get it) You should wear them anyways, make some cake ear rings. that are edible.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving me a note! I love hearing what my readers have to say--in fact, comments literally make my day.

Please be nice and don't use profanities or other negative language.