Moose-terious Stranger

     Living way up north makes me happy. Tremendously happy, in fact. Not only do I live in a tiny town nestled amidst scads of towering mountains--I also get to see scads of wild life! For example, just the other day, I was looking out my window to see this little "moose-terious" fella. Yup. A moose, right in our neighbor's front yard, nibbling on some vegetation.

   
     I never used to appreciate these little intricacies of life up yonder, until recently. I suppose with change on the horizon, I've realized how much I'll miss it up here. How much I'll miss home. How much I'll miss the little things, like seeing moose in my front yard. I can only imagine how sad I will be to end up somewhere where people get excited about squirrel sightings.

     SQUIRREL! OH MY GOSH! GET YOUR CAMERA! SHARE IT ON FACEBOOK! CALL GRANDMA! MY TWITTER FANS ARE GONNA LOVE THIS!!! (don't get too close... it can sense fear.)

     Yeah. That's going to make me sad. No doubt about it. I tear up just imagining it.


     Of course, I probably won't miss the six month long winters... or the icy roads... or the sub-zero temperatures. If nothing else, I will have some respite from those things--but I don't think that will make up for everything I will miss.

     In fact, I know it won't.

 Why did the moose cross the road?

To get to the other side! (Sorry, but I just couldn't resist.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving me a note! I love hearing what my readers have to say--in fact, comments literally make my day.

Please be nice and don't use profanities or other negative language.