Tutorial: Origami Bangles

How do you turn ugly Walmart bangles from this...

...to this?

It's super easy, and I'm going to show you how!

Supplies:
  • cheapo bangles from Walmart, Forever 21, or the like
  • Mod Podge
  • pretty paper (I used double sided origami papers)
  • scissors
     And, about the glue stick in the picture... I didn't actually end up using it. It's one of those things where when you are setting up, it seems like a great idea, but in practice, it turns out to be a failure. It happens. That's life. :0)

First, gather your materials.

Then, cut up your pretty papers into tiny, semi-uniform strips. I think mine were a little over
1/8 of an inch.


 Now, you wrap, wrap, wrap! What I did to secure the ends was put a dab of Mod Podge on the end, and then I held it against the bangle for a few seconds until it stuck. Then, I wrapped until I reached the end of the paper, and secured the other end in the same way. 

Then, switch colors or patterns and continue until you make your way full circle. Easy, peasy.

When you are done, they will look like this...

And this.

Once you are finished admiring your work, apply a coat of Mod Podge all over the bangles and set them to dry on freezer paper (or wax paper) so that they won't stick to the drying surface.

     There you go! An easy project to wear. And, when people compliment you on them, you can say, "Gee, thanks. I made it myself." And then (even better), you can smile to yourself as they gape at you in awe. 

     Happy long weekend, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving me a note! I love hearing what my readers have to say--in fact, comments literally make my day.

Please be nice and don't use profanities or other negative language.