Doodle: Braided


     Here is a doodle I made. At first, I was just trying to practice drawing braids, but then, it evolved into much more than that. I think the dress was subliminally inspired by the Robin McKinley books I've been reading lately. Actually, I am certain the dress and crown were both inspired by my recent readings (Rose Daughter and Spindle's End). 

     It's actually been wonderful to have some spare time to read again. The novelty of curling up in a comfortable corner and reading chunks of 100 pages or more at a time was lost to me for months. Recently, I've been able to do that more every once in a while (like once a week), and I have to say it has been refreshing. 

     Solitude. It can be a wonderful thing--so long as you have a good book.

2 comments:

Thank you so much for leaving me a note! I love hearing what my readers have to say--in fact, comments literally make my day.

Please be nice and don't use profanities or other negative language.