The Hunger Games Round Up

     As previously mentioned in this post, I loved the Hunger Games trilogy. They were catching, without being too trendy, and simultaneously intellectual. These books left me thinking, and I liked that.

     You probably know this, but the movie just came out! I went to watch it this past weekend, and LOVED it! Unlike many "based-on-book" movies, this one stayed very loyal to the characters and story. Most of the scenes were exactly how my "brain movie" was when I read it. I was doubtful the movie would live up to the expectations of critical readers, such as myself, but it did, and I'm impressed because of that.

     So, now I'm stricken (for the second time) by Hunger Games fever. Yeah. Sad, I know.

     In honor of my renewed fascination by these books, I have compiled a round up of all my favorite things Hunger Games.

1. First, a very clever print of the phrase of the games... May the odds be ever in your favor.
via Entropy Trading Co. (An Etsy shop filled with pop culture inspired prints)

2. A nifty tutorial for Katniss inspired hair pins from Art for All (a spiffy blog). Go check it out!
via Art for All

3. This cool beans brass cuff from The Copper Fox. Such a great line.
via The Copper Fox (Etsy)

4. A mockingjay necklace... because, we can't forget the mockingjay, no can we?
via Beauty and Luck (Etsy)

5. Another necklace... but this one has a Peeta pearl (from the second book!)
via touchsoul (Etsy)

5. And, lastly, this snappy bracelet made by iadornu on Etsy.
via IAdornU (Etsy)

Now that I've gotten a little bit of that out of my system, I'm off to reread the trilogy. I hope you have an awesome week, and may the odds be ever in your favor.

Thanks for stopping by. :O)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving me a note! I love hearing what my readers have to say--in fact, comments literally make my day.

Please be nice and don't use profanities or other negative language.