Kind of Lacy Infinity Scarf (Pattern)

     I was pretty productive yesterday. I made a scarf. An infinity scarf. Yes, I know--I already made one (see it here). But, this time, I made my own pattern.


     I used Caron Simply Soft and a K crochet hook (which is bigger than the recommended hook, but I don't really care).

R1: Chain (CH) 180 (or whatever length you want, so long as it is a multiple of three).

R2: Turn. In the third chain from the hook, double crochet (DC). DC all the way to the end. Turn again.

R3: CH 3. Skip the first two chains. Then, in the third chain from your hook: DC1, CH1, DC1. Continue skipping two chains and DC1, CH1, DC1 across the row. Finish the row by skipping one, and DC1 in the final chain.

R4: CH3. Then, in every CH1 space from the previous row (the spaces with downward facing triangles), DC3. Finish the row with a DC1 in the final chain.

Repeat R3 and R4 until the scarf has reached the width you like.

For the final row, single crochet across.

Then, sew the ends of the scarf together, and you are done.

As you can see, I changed colors on mine, but you don't necessarily have to. I kind of like how it looks though. If you are going to change colors, do so at whichever point you choose. There really is not a right or wrong here.

Have a great weekend!

CHECK OUT MY NEW BLOG, HERE!

14 comments:

  1. How many balls did you need?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jessica! I think 2 skeins would be sufficient. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for sharing this. I went over and liked your FB Page :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Lauren, your pattern looks amazing. Is the 180 chains long enough two go over the head twice? I'm going to give it A try. I to am a follower of Christ! Thank you , for sharing your talents. Liz

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Liz! Yes, the 180 stitches is enough to loop twice; however, if I made this scarf again, I would probably go a little longer. Like I said, you can definitely make it longer or shorter... just make sure to keep in in multiples of three! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just finished this infinity scarf, love your pattern, thanks. But the one thing that I would do different if I make it again, is to join the foundation chain and work it in rounds so there will be no joining or sewing need. Thanks again, great and easy pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sue Ruppert HedstromOctober 26, 2014 at 6:59 PM

    Why aren't my ends coming out straight?

    ReplyDelete
  8. just finding this pattern and I love it! thanks for sharing this and your love for Christ!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Making this for my grand daughter used 150 stitches to start and I did join it together and worked it in a circle. Loving how it looks.

    ReplyDelete
  10. How many times did u repeat row 3 and 4? Your picture looks wider than my project. I am using a smaller hook. (The size recommend for my yarn) but it looks like you may have repeated rows.

    ReplyDelete
  11. How wide did you make yours? This is my first time making an infinity scarf so I'm not sure how wide it should be.

    ReplyDelete
  12. The scarf in the pic looks great!!! Do you have a pic of the pattern that you made?

    ReplyDelete
  13. How wide is the scarf you made?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving me a note! I love hearing what my readers have to say--in fact, comments literally make my day.

Please be nice and don't use profanities or other negative language.