For the Love of Fro-Yo

There are a lot of things Alaska doesn't have. We don't have a Macy's, or an H&M (sob...), or a Krispy Kreme (the greatest tragedy of all). But, we do have a fro-yo shop. Notice I said "a" fro-yo shop, which indicates there is only one. Yes. It's still sad, but it's true.

This single yogurt shop is located at the Ted Stevens International Airport which is pretty far away from my house. Luckily, we were going to pick up my mom from the airport a week ago, and my sister and I took the opportunity to buy ourselves some fro-yo.



Aww, yeah. Let's just say it was delicious.

8 comments:

  1. YEEEEEESSSSS! Blog some more about food! Albeit, I think the newspaper recently had an article that said Alaska does have quite a few fro-yo bars, they're just in the Service and South Anchorage area. What flavor did you get? All I see are condiments.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeeeaaaah! Blog some more about food! We actually have a couple fro-yo bars, they're just in south anchorage. But looky here, I recently read this article

    http://www.adn.com/2012/04/19/2431911/cool-desserts.html

    I heard we were supposed to get one in E. River, so if it ever arrives I will invite you to taste test with me :)
    What flavour did you get? You didn't just get condiments did you?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always get original. It's the best. :)

      Delete
    2. And, I'm going to hold you to that promise about taste testing.

      Delete
  3. I'd say the greatest tragedy of all is the lack of in 'n out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd have to say, I agree...

      Delete
    2. oooh yeah! Or Krispy Cremes! Or Trader Joes!

      Delete
  4. Lauren! I'm on my way home from Utah, pretty much the fro-yo capital of the world, and I was JUST mourning the absence of fro-yo shops in AK. How funny that you posted about this! I'm glad to hear a love of fro-yo is finally reaching Alaska.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving me a note! I love hearing what my readers have to say--in fact, comments literally make my day.

Please be nice and don't use profanities or other negative language.