Current Project


Here is what I've been working on for the past day or two. I came up with this concept a while ago (like my junior year...). It says "visualize world peas." Cute, huh?

And as I've been working on it, I've discovered a nifty trick for linocutting! As you can see, I have to cut away a LOT of extra lino for this block. To make it easier to cut away, I've been placing an iron on the portion I'm working on for around 30 seconds. It makes cutting away the linoleum feel like you are cutting away butter. If you try this, put your iron at a low setting. For example, my iron has 7 levels, and I have it at 3 to warm up the linoleum. The trick is, get it warm... not hot.

Anyway, I'll be sure to keep you posted! I should be pulling my first proofs by tomorrow--or maybe even tonight if I can find the time!

2 comments:

  1. This is AWESOME. I just got a carving set and linoleum but have been nervous about trying. lol You are doing an amazing job. Love the stamp too. I can't wait to try this. Thanks so much for sharing your hint

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem! Good luck with your first block. That one was hard for me--mostly because I didn't know how to properly hold the tool and I'm a weakling. ;O)

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving me a note! I love hearing what my readers have to say--in fact, comments literally make my day.

Please be nice and don't use profanities or other negative language.