Doodles: Peacock


It's been a while since I shared my doodles with you all. That's mostly because I haven't been drawing much. I don't know why... I've just been in kind of a creative slump. It happens from time to time, even to the best of us (or in my case, the average of us).

Inspired by my recent henna tattoo work (I'll show you that in a future post) and maybe even Kung Fu Panda 2, I decided to draw a peacock. I really love the cool colors--it's simply a serene combination.

I colored it using watercolor pencils. I was going to use regular watercolors, but I figured the more control I had over the colors, the better the overall piece would turn out.

Hopefully this summer I'll be drawing and creating more often. During the school year, I felt like I never had any time to do creative things. Now that school is out, I'm going to try to get back into the swing of things.

Happy Wednesday!

6 comments:

  1. This is quite colorful! I love the blending with the feathers especially.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE this. Id say u r one best artists.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty! What I do is I redraw your pictures in my own book because they are so pretty and cute! It's inspires my mind. They aren't nearly as pretty as yours though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to be of inspiration! I'd love to see them. :)

      Delete
  4. Thanks, everyone! You're all too kind.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful! I wish my doodles looked that lovely ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving me a note! I love hearing what my readers have to say--in fact, comments literally make my day.

Please be nice and don't use profanities or other negative language.