Happy National Chocolate Chip Cookie Day!

When Instagram released their Android app a little while ago, I was pretty excited. After all, there was so much hype about it, it had to be the best app ever. From what I'd heard, it could allow a blind monkey with no thumbs to make a terrible picture into a work of "retro" looking art.

Well... I've had the app for a while. I don't really understand the point of the social networking part of it... but I do like some of the filters. Although, if you want a program that does the same thing, sans social network, and with more filters, try MagicHour. You can make your own filters, or download user generated ones. And you don't have to post every picture you take to your Instagram account.

Anyway, I do like some of the filters, so I decided to take Instagrams of my cookie baking from last night. I baked two batches of cookies--one for my family, and one for my third grade buddies (from the class I volunteer in). 30 cookies for 27 kids. 30 cookies for a family of 4. Yeah. I'd say it's distributed pretty evenly.

At any rate, in honor of National Chocolate Chip Cookie Day (who knew that existed?), here are my Instagram photos from baking cookies. :O)






Yum! This is seriously the best cookie baking technique ever. The cookies end up with a glazed, crackly sort of shine on the outside, and they are delicious. The trick is to melt the butter in a sauce pan until it has a nutty aroma. Then, pour it into a bowl and add the sugars, vanilla extract, and salt. After mixing that, add in your eggs. Then slowly mix in the flour mixture and finally add the chocolate chips. Trust me. The heated butter and sugar thing makes all the difference.

Happy baking!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving me a note! I love hearing what my readers have to say--in fact, comments literally make my day.

Please be nice and don't use profanities or other negative language.