Tutorial: Chevron Bracelet

I've been cooking up this tutorial for a while now. As always, I'm striving to make my blog better, and I'm focusing that effort on my tutorials. It turns out, writing directions for how to do things is pretty hard. Not "go-cry-in-the-corner" hard, but it can be challenging nonetheless. I'm a visual learner, so I thought to improve my tutorials I could start by including more pictures. And so, this tutorial has more pictures than any tutorial I've made thus far.

Ready to make some bracelets?


Supplies:
~two 3 foot pieces of hemp
~one 3 foot piece of each color of embroidery floss (I used three colors)
~a button that tickles your fancy


Start by stringing the button in the middle of the two pieces of hemp, like pictured above. The string on either side of the button should be even.


Begin tying a knot around the base of the button. Before you tighten the knot, string the three pieces of embroidery floss through the knot so that they are hanging evenly from the knot.


Tighten the knot, and arrange your strings in 4 different sections like so. 


Now for the tricky part. If you know how to do a fish-tail braid (or herringbone), that is what we'll be doing. If you don't know how to do a fish-tail braid, then bear with me.

So, there should be four strands you separated and arranged like the picture above this one. What you're going to do is take the left most strand of embroidery floss, and carry it over to the two strands on the right. 

Next, take the left most strand of embroidery floss and bring it over the other strands back to the left side.

Then, you'll take the left strand of hemp and bring it to the right side. And take the hemp from the right side and bring it over to the left.

Continue doing this until the bracelet is an appropriate length.

If you want, you can try to follow my colorful Sharpie diagrams. The "o" at the bottom of strands indicates the strand you move during that step.


When it is the right length, knot the strands together. Next, divide the strands in two groups so that each group has two hemp strands and one embroidery floss strand.


Then, braid the two sets of strands about one inch.


Finally, knot all the strings together, and you are DONEZO!

If you have questions or anything, leave me a comment. I promise I'll respond (plus, I'm super happy whenever I get a comment... it seriously makes my day). 

Also, if you like what you see, be sure to follow my blog! (It makes me super happy when lovely readers do that as well--ahh the perks of being a beginner blogger).

Cheerio! Have a top-notch kind of day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving me a note! I love hearing what my readers have to say--in fact, comments literally make my day.

Please be nice and don't use profanities or other negative language.