Catalogue & Magazine Paper Crafts

Ordinary people see a Pottery Barn catalogue... 

I see free wrapping paper!

Basically, I flip through the catalogues and find colorful pages and rip them out from the middle of the catalogue and PRESTO! an economical piece of wrapping paper. 

To top it off I used Avery labels to label them... as you can see, I had fun writing their names.


Here are some other fun things you can do with catalogues (or magazines... but they aren't free, so they aren't as cool). Click the links for the tutorials.

You should seriously check these tutorials out. If you have a pile of old catalogues or magazines (I have both... remember what I said about me being on Hoarders: Buried Alive when I get old?), there are some great ways to use them. I plan on doing some stuff with the few weeks of summer vacation I have left. I'm determined to do as many crafty things as possible because at Penn I won't have access to a sewing machine, or most of my crafty stuff (although, I'm hoping I can get into pottery again). 

If you have any ideas or suggestions for crafts I can do in a dorm room, please let me know. I'm scared I'll lose all my creative flow--and I don't want to completely drown in academics... My crafts are a sort of coping mechanism, so suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Also, I am hosting a giveaway for 3 free ad spaces for next month! Enter here

Have an awesome week!

5 comments:

  1. Cute roundup and I completely agree with you about the beauty of reusing glossy catalogs and magazines. Have you tried quilling? It requires very few supplies, is inexpensive, and super-relaxing once you've mastered the basics.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't tried quilling--yet. :O) I've been seeing all these cute projects around, so I've been wanting to try it out.

      I really like your blog, by the way. I checked out your Quilling 101 post, and it's super informative. I'll definitely use it as a resource as I learn to quill.

      Delete
    2. Thanks! If you have any questions, ask away. :)

      Delete
  2. Haha, I totally repinned this without even realizing it was yours! CUTE way to wrap little gifts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Anne! It's mostly just a CHEAP way to wrap gifts (but if I can get people to believe it's actually CUTe, all the better).

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving me a note! I love hearing what my readers have to say--in fact, comments literally make my day.

Please be nice and don't use profanities or other negative language.