(I've Been) Gone Fishing!

I haven't blogged in about a week. (GASP!) I know. It's terrible. I honestly don't know what the world has done without my sporadic semi-daily pearls of wisdom. Just kidding. Totally kidding. I'm sure the world has done just fine and dandy without my blogging. 

At any rate, I'm back! I was out fishing for a week in Prince William Sound--one of the most beautiful places in the world (if you can see it on a sunny day). 

I didn't have time to put together a "Geeking Out About Post." So instead, here are some pics from my trip. Enjoy! (Don't freak out--I'll continue my "Geek Out" posts next week). Keep calm and read on.

 I was trying to do that thing that I always see on Instagram where people take photos through their aviators. Turns out, it's hard to hold your glasses and press the touchscreen button on your smartphone camera without dropping your beloved phone into the crystally cold depths of the ocean. Hence the awkwardly taken shot.

I took this shot using Pano--a panoramic photo app for Android. I got it for $0.10 last December during their we-almost-sold-as-many-apps-as-Apple sale.  

And here's another Pano shot. Except this one makes it look like the world is folding over--kind of like in Inception--sans Leonardo DeCaprio and Ellen Paige. Their absence just makes this shot "eclectic." It does give a good view of the mountains though. Imagine mountains like those, surrounding you from every angle, and in the middle there is a vast stretch of ocean. That is the basic definition of Prince William Sound.

And here I am chilling with my Keen sandals. They're actually a youth size 6--about $50 cheaper than the adult sizes, and a wonderful alternative to Xtratuf boots. (Alaskans are SO fashion forward). 

Well... that's all folks! I'll be seeing you around (the blogosphere, I mean). Have a great weekend.

P.S. For you Alaskan readers (aka my friends and family), we caught our limit of rockfish (mostly yellow-eyes), two nicely sized halibut, and one pink salmon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving me a note! I love hearing what my readers have to say--in fact, comments literally make my day.

Please be nice and don't use profanities or other negative language.