Geeking Out About {10} // Music Edition

It's been a while since I did a music post--so here it is! These are the jams I've been geeking out about this week. 

1. My Head is an Animal by Of Monsters and Men

On the last music post I did, Colleen from Colleenish recommended this band. It took a while for me to check them out (a few months--but who's counting?), but I'm certainly glad I finally did. Based in Iceland, OMM has a really fun sound, and nice, clean (but still clever) lyrics. I bought the album on iTunes for $7.99, and then I found the real CD version on Amazon for $4.99 (I was kind of upset about that because I prefer CDs to MP3 copies). At any rate, it's worth taking a listen! My favorite songs are "Little Talks" and "Kind and Lionheart."


2. Babel by Mumford & Sons

So, this album isn't even out yet--but their single "I Will Wait" came out a couple of weeks ago. I listen to their album Sigh No More on repeat ALL the time (to my sister's chagrin), so when I saw they had a single on iTunes, I bought it immediately. I love, love, love Mumford & Sons. Trust me. You don't even know. 


3. Forget and Not Slow Down by Relient K

This one is an oldie, but a goodie. Okay--it's not that old... maybe three years or so? At any rate, my favorite song on this album is probably "Savannah"--or maybe it's "Candlelight"--or maybe it's "Forget and Not Slow Down".... I just love it all. Relient K has been (and still is) one of my favorites since middle school. 

Have an awesome weekend, and listen to some good music!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving me a note! I love hearing what my readers have to say--in fact, comments literally make my day.

Please be nice and don't use profanities or other negative language.