Pleated and Ruched Pencil Pouches

I have a couple of friends who are staying in Alaska for college, so obviously, laundry bags (what I made my other friends) wouldn't really be the most useful gift to give them. So, I decided to sew them each a nice pencil pouch. Each pouch is reinforced with fusible fleece and fully lined. They are pretty spiffy, if I do say so. 

The first pouch I made has a strip of this pretty aqua batik pleated down the middle. I really like the simplicity of it. In fact, this is probably my favorite pencil case out of all those I have made before.

For the second part, I ruched the linen down the middle and sewed a strip of batik over the center. This pouch definitely has a more playful look about it. I also have a little hang tag thing (I'm sure it has a real name...) on the side with "LM" on it for Lolomade. I think when I reopen my Etsy shop next summer I will sell sewn goods, and it's never too early to start branding, right?

Isn't that blue fabric just gorgeous? I really like it. I like it so much, I used it for the lining too. :O)

And in both of the pouches, I put in one of my handmade LoloMade labels. Take a look at the tutorial here.

I hope you have an awesome weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving me a note! I love hearing what my readers have to say--in fact, comments literally make my day.

Please be nice and don't use profanities or other negative language.