A Change of View

I compare the two pictures above and realize how much my life has changed over the course of this past month. My life has changed a lot. Actually, to say "a lot" is a gross understatement. I've been transplanted from the Alaskan tundra into the concrete urban outpost that is Philadelphia. Instead of waking up surrounded by the mountain ranges of the Eagle River valley, I wake up to the sight of the Philly skyline. 

At first, I was nervous about how this transition would go. Would I be terribly homesick? Would I be able to survive? Would I get lost on public transportation? Would I starve? 

Turns out, I haven't suffered too much from homesickness; I am very much alive and well; I haven't gotten lost on SEPTA (yet); and most importantly, I haven't starved. Probably the biggest shock I've had was realizing how expensive I am to maintain! Who knew that EVERYthing costs money? Ha!

I've been blessed to have met some awesome people who I am glad to call my friends, and I've really tried to explore the city. I'll admit, I was initially a little scared to go out--after all, I'm from a small Alaskan town and Philly is so bustling and vast in comparison. But, I'm beginning to see the perks of going to a city school. There are always things to do, places to explore--the only thing holding me back is my shortage of time. After all, I am still a student which means I have to do that lovely thing called homework. 

The academic rigors of college are definitely more than I'm used to, but I am enjoying it. The downside is not being able to blog as often as I would like. One of the biggest struggles for me has been not having access to my art and craft supplies. I feel like a caffeine addict without Starbucks. It's terrible. 

I thought for a little while about shutting this blog down, but I couldn't bring myself to do it. Although it's only 10 months old, I've put a lot of work into growing it from the ground up. I've really grown attached to it. So, I've resolved to keep blogging and keep Click Clack Clunk growing.

What this means is that Click Clack Clunk is probably going to undergo some changes. What those changes are specifically? I can't say I'm sure yet. This blog will still be one of my creative outlets--of that I am certain. The content of my blog (for the school year, at least) is probably going to shift away from crafting. Not completely though--I have some plans in the works for hosting some guest bloggers! I'm sure this space will evolve organically--and I'm excited to see what comes of it!

I wish you all a happy Wednesday--and Thursday, and Friday as well. :O)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving me a note! I love hearing what my readers have to say--in fact, comments literally make my day.

Please be nice and don't use profanities or other negative language.