2012: A Year in Review and Resolutions

Well, 2012 will be over today, and I figure I really should get in at least one post this December. This year has gone by incredibly fast, and so much has happened. I started this blog, graduated high school, opened an Etsy shop, moved to Philly, and started my freshman year of college--all in that order.

Through all those things, I've learned a ton. I taught myself basic HTML, learned about web-design, and proved to myself that I could run a blog and shop. Thank you, dear readers, for helping me to do that.

Because I'm now living in a city, I've learned how to get around without getting lost, and how to live "on my own." These things I've learned have shaped me tremendously as a person, and I'm glad to have had these experiences this year.

In the New Year, I have a few challenges for myself as a blogger and creative soul. As a blogger, I want to challenge myself to post at least once a week. This might sound easy, but with school and the like, it's become easier said than done to create posts. I also want to challenge myself to find the creative direction of this blog. It's always been a creative space for me, and I've really had no grander ambitions for it; however, during my transition into college life, it became evident that craft projects would not be as regular a feature as they were before. I simply don't have the time or materials. So, I need to diversify my post content.

As a creative soul, I challenge myself to take more pictures. I have a nice camera--but I don't use it! Why not? I really should. Furthermore, I challenge myself to do something creative everyday. Doodle, write, take a photo, knit--whatever! Just do something to keep my creativity from atrophying.

What do you challenge yourself to do in the New Year? Whatever it is, I wish you the best of luck, and a merry New Year's celebration.

God bless and good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving me a note! I love hearing what my readers have to say--in fact, comments literally make my day.

Please be nice and don't use profanities or other negative language.