Inspiration: From the Jealous Curator

I stumbled upon a pin of the image above (the sketches are by Lehel Kovacs), and it led me to the website, The Jealous Curator–and I've been poring over it ever since. It's so full of awesome inspiration, and frankly makes me a little green with envy too. It's a good kind of envy though. The kind that makes me want to pick up my sketchbook and make some art! 

More about the sketches. They are sketches of Google Street View images! How cool is that?! I could totally do that. And maybe I will. (If you want to see more sketches, go here).

Back to the site. There's a little bit of everything on there. Photography, mixed media, ink, paintings, sculpture. It's really awesome–like really.

I absolutely love this paper-cut art by Donna Ruff. Maybe with some practice, I could do it myself? Granted, it wouldn't look this nice–but it's still a possibility, right? Maybe this'll be a future project. 

What's been inspiring you lately?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving me a note! I love hearing what my readers have to say--in fact, comments literally make my day.

Please be nice and don't use profanities or other negative language.