20 Before 20


I'm 19 today! Beside the fact that it's my golden birthday (because I'm turning 19 on the 19th of March), it's also my last year before I turn 20. Whoa... that's weird to think about. Turning 20 I mean. 

I don't know if I'm ready to not be a teenager in just 365 days. I feel like once I turn 20, before I know it, I'll be 30, and then 40. MY LIFE IS FLASHING BEFORE MY EYES!!!

Okay. I'm being a wee bit dramatic, but still. 

Anyway, as a blogger, I feel like it is only appropriate that I make a list of all the things (or just 20 of the things) I want to do before I turn 20. I used to see these lists and wish that I had a milestone birthday approaching just so I would have legitimate reason to make one. And now, the day has come. 

Here's my 20 before 20.

1. Start playing my violin again, and actually enjoy it this time
2. Keep practicing and teaching myself guitar
3. Make my 50th sale on my Etsy shop
4. Fill a whole Moleskine sketch book with uninhibited doodling
5. Commandeer my sister's ukelele 
6. Go to a real concert (because I've never been to one)
7. Run a 5K
8. Read the whole Bible (all of it... even the little books that everyone seems to forget are there)
9. Get a "real" job (i.e. something where I actually get a paycheck)
10. Learn how to quilt and make one
11. Successfully sew a real article of clothing that I won't want to hide after I'm done
12. Get involved in a lab at Penn
13. Explore Philly
14. Be able to comfortably converse in Korean
15. Become better at taking photos (I have a camera, I just forget to use it)
16. Visit my friend Jessica
17. Watch Wicked
18. Write letters to my international friends
19. Read 20 books (it would be more, but school books won't count and I don't have as much time to read as I used to)
20. Declare my major (because I'm still not positive I'll be a biology major)

And there it is. Pretty doable, I think. I'll make a new tab for this list on my navbar in the near future so I can update the list as I get things done. 

Here's to a great 19th year!

PS: Just in case you're wondering, the photo has nothing to do with my list. It's just from my recent trip to California, and I thought it was pretty.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving me a note! I love hearing what my readers have to say--in fact, comments literally make my day.

Please be nice and don't use profanities or other negative language.