The Whole Kit and Ca-Doodle {1}

I don't know what it is, but lately I've been doodling a lot more frequently than I have been previously this year. Perhaps working with kids for my job has helped spark my imagination? I'm not sure. 

At any rate, first came this random concoction above...


Which led to this even more random doodle. I'm extremely happy with this one. As you can see, it is gracing the header of this blog right now.


 Since I'm working at a summer camp, I hear a lot of talk from the boys about dinosaurs. I also hear a lot of whining. This doodle combined those two things into one image.


And finally, one of my dogs. Because no doodle book is complete unless at least one-third of the doodling is a dog of some kind.

I'm excited that I have some creativity up and running again. Hopefully sometime soon I'll get my hands on some Micron pens so I can start doing some light watercolor washes on my illustrations. Of course, I'm not sure if I can procure those locally up here in Alaska... Oh the joys of northern living.
(Just kidding... I love it here–Micron pens or not!)

CHECK OUT MY NEW BLOG, HERE!

2 comments:

  1. The second one from the top reminds me of the album artwork for Thom Yorke's The Eraser.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just looked up the artwork for that, and you're kind of right! Thanks for pointing that out. :0)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving me a note! I love hearing what my readers have to say--in fact, comments literally make my day.

Please be nice and don't use profanities or other negative language.