Working Hard, or Hardly Working?

This past week I've been assigned to work in a digital photography camp at work. It's awesome because it means that walking around Anchorage and taking photos for hours at a time gets to be part of my daily (PAID!) routine. Since improving my photography skills was part of my 20 Before 20 list, this is a perfect set-up for me. 

Don't get me wrong. It's still not an easy job to keep track of a herd of middle schoolers all day–but it's a job that I can honestly say I love. I consider it a blessing that I get to spend my summer working at such an amazing place. In fact, the above photo of the red sculpture is part of my workplace. Cool beans, yes?

Anyway, here are a few photos from our walks earlier this week. The highlights from later in the week are still to come.

 These little worms were all suspended under the pine trees in Valley of the Moon Park. All the kids ran away from them–but the camp counselors all stayed and tried to get some good shots. This was the best I could do.

I had to document the botanical activity in Anchorage, of course. After a freak snowfall in mid-May, all the plants are just starting to do their thing. Thank goodness! 

This little garden shed was just so adorable. I would totally live there. I don't care if it's only 150 square feet. It'd be bigger than last year's (shared!) dorm room anyway–I'm sure I would be fine. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving me a note! I love hearing what my readers have to say--in fact, comments literally make my day.

Please be nice and don't use profanities or other negative language.