Hidden Treasures

My sister and I have recently started geocaching. In case you don't know, geocaching is essentially a treasure hunting game. Geocachers world-wide leave caches in various locations, and provide the GPS coordinates to fellow finders. Then, using the coordinates, players go and search for the hidden container. It's tons of fun, and I'm surprised I haven't ever done it before! 

In Alaska especially, a great deal of the caches are hidden along hiking trails and mountain-sides. So, we get a good hike, as well as the sense of adventure that comes with hunting for hidden treasure. 

This past week, we went out to some local trails and found a couple of caches along the way. We had a blast, and encountered lots of wildlife (including a grazing moose!). As you can see, we took a lot of photos along the way.  :0)

If you're interested in trying to go geocaching, all you need is a GPS enabled smartphone and an account on Geocaching.com. There are lots of apps out there that work very well. On Android, my sister and I use C:geo. It's free, and easy to use–so get out there and start finding caches!

Have a blessed Sunday!


Proverbs 2:4-5
"If you seek it like silver and search for it as for hidden treasures, then you will understand the fear of the Lord and find the knowledge of God." 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving me a note! I love hearing what my readers have to say--in fact, comments literally make my day.

Please be nice and don't use profanities or other negative language.