Illustration Inspiration - Deidre Wicks

You know the kind of cute that makes your heart kind of ache (in a good way)? That's the kind of cute sprinkled all throughout the work of Deidre Wicks. 

As you can see, she specializes in adorable animal watercolors, and sells prints (and originals) in her Etsy shop, Water In My Paint

I am currently trying to decide which of her numerous squirrel prints to purchase for my apartment next semester. My school is chock full of squirrels, and I'd love to pay tribute to that. Right now, I'm thinking of getting this cutie. Of course, it's a very hard decision to make.
What strikes me especially about her work is that she is extremely talented at blending realism and whimsy–all in one go. I absolutely adore her work, and I hope you do too.

To see more of Deidre's work, you can visit her portfolio, or her Facebook page

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving me a note! I love hearing what my readers have to say--in fact, comments literally make my day.

Please be nice and don't use profanities or other negative language.