The Whole Kit and Ca-Doodle {2}

I just wanted to share some of my sketchbook entries from last week. We spend the week out on the water fishing. Prince William Sound and all of the little otters I saw were the inspiration behind this one.

I am also on an animal kick. I used to feel like drawing animals was kind of juvenile–but I've recently decided, I don't really care if it is. My life could use some immaturity every now and then. I am kind of jealous of the dapper fox's sweater. No lie.

And finally, the fancy giraffe. His banner isn't painted... and I don't know that I will. That's the best thing about sketchbooks. There's no pressure to have everything look like perfection.

I thought it would be worth noting that I'm using a new sketchbook now. I tore through my Molskine cashier sketchbook faster than I thought I would (which completes 20 Before 20 goal #4!), and had to buy a new one. 

Because I'm left handed, I don't like spiral bound sketchbooks. They just make my hand sit all funny, and make my wrist uncomfortable. So, I bought an Art Alternatives hardbound sketchbook. I really like it so far. The paper doesn't feather, and it holds up to watercolor washes quite handily. Plus, I was able to use a 40% off coupon since I got it from Jo-Anns, and it only costed me $6! I think it has 100 pages in it, so I'd say it was quite a good deal–and I'm a sucker for a deal. :0)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving me a note! I love hearing what my readers have to say--in fact, comments literally make my day.

Please be nice and don't use profanities or other negative language.