Goodbye July... Hello August


These are just some photos from the past week. My cousin was in town, so we had a whirlwind sort of weekend as we tried to cram in as much of Alaska as we could in 4 days. I'd say we did quite well in giving a fast and furious tour of the last frontier.

I am now free from my summer job, and this has been my first week without any real obligations. It's kind of a weird feeling. Hopefully I can finish everything that needs to be done... but if I don't, I suppose it won't be the end of the world. 

On a different note, this summer has been absolutely gorgeous. We've had high 70's and low 80's almost non-stop, which is practically unheard of for Anchorage summers. It's such an improvement from last summer (and all the other summers the past few years). I'm just doing my best to soak it all up before I have to hit the road for the start of fall semester. Ugh. Makes me kind of cringe just thinking of it. (If you're a college friend reading this... I love you. I just hate the workload. It's not you, it's the homework.)

Anyway, I hope you all are having a fabulous week! 

6 comments:

  1. these pictures are beautiful! I've never been to Anchorage but now I may have to put it on my list of places to visit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You totally should, Franziska! South-central Alaska is one of the most beautiful places in the world. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesomest four days ever! I foresee many more memory making days with my cousins :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was great hanging out with you, Jenny! Next time we'll use more deet. That's the only thing that needs to change.

    ReplyDelete
  5. DEET and fish :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving me a note! I love hearing what my readers have to say--in fact, comments literally make my day.

Please be nice and don't use profanities or other negative language.