The Circle Link Up - Virtual Coffee Date

In Its Time
In an attempt to be a better blogger, I'm participating in a link-up hosted by Kiki and Amy! I'm excited to try something new, and connect with some like-minded bloggers.  So, here we go!

>>Where are you seated? 
I'm sitting in the shelter of my 19th floor West Philadelphia apartment, watching people as they trundle through the foot of snow that fell yesterday. Coincidentally, that foot of snow is the reason I have time to write this post (snow day!!!), as well as why I'm not in an actual coffee shop right now.

If I were in a coffee shop, I'd be in this cute little bakery/cafe right by campus... probably seated in a corner, observing people as they walk in, and looking out the window at passers by.

>>What are you sipping/munching on?
Currently sipping on mint tea out of a hand-thrown mug, and munching on Nutella toast. Mmmmm... tastes like heaven

>>What do you want to get off your chest first?
I don't actually drink coffee, which kind of makes me feel like a coffee date poser. (Whoops...)
Now that that's out in the open, I can get to what's really on my mind. Recently, a lot has happened in my life that has made me ponder. I know that sounds super cheesy–just wait, it gets even better. All this pondering has really made me think about how life is short, and I need to figure out exactly what I should be doing with mine. Granted, I know what I want to do–but what does God want me to do? That's always the kicker, isn't it?

>>If you could choose anyone who would you have a coffee with?  
Definitely my cousins (affectionately called "sousins" for sister-cousins) and my sister. We always have a rockin' good time when we hang out, and it's been a long time since we were all together. Heck, I'd even drink coffee if it meant I could meet with them. That's dedication right there.

>>What is inspiring you lately?
Ink and paper. Lately, the freedom of just transforming random ideas into a drawn image has become an addictive force. Do my little doodles make any sense? Nope. Is it liberating? Absolutely, yes.

>>What are your plans after coffee?
I don't have any real plans! Isn't that just the greatest? Like I said, the university is closed today, which means I have a day full of nothing. I have just a little bit of homework to do, and a free-lance job to work on, but otherwise there is nothing fighting for my attention today–and it's beautiful!


10 comments:

  1. This is great! I share your coffee-date poser mentality since I too do not drink coffee. I LOVE mint tea, especially Moroccan mint green tea (I think Stash makes it?) Anyway, hope your snow day was relaxing! I have given up on the idea of the NW getting snow this year (boo!) but I was really hoping for a snow day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll have to get some of that! I think yesterday I was drinking "Candy Cane Green Tea" from Trader Joe's. I've found their teas are actually pretty tasty.

      And I definitely had a relaxing snow day, so thanks!

      Delete
  2. I can definitely relate to wondering what God has in store. That's something I've been thinking about myself lately. I feel like I'm at a stage in life where there are so many possibilities. It's easy to know what I would plan for myself but I know that His plans are probably so much better than anything I could come up with on my own. Here's to having the patience and willingness to take things one day at a time and seek His leading!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Too funny, glad to see there are so many tea drinkers on this coffee date.
    I still wonder what God wants me to do. He's put some very specific things on my heart but I haven't seen them all come to fruition, which makes me wonder if it was His desire or mine....
    But I getting to know how He's wired me and the talents and gifts He's given me, and I guess I'm just trying to do stuff that would steward it well :) Eeek!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Disqus combusted, and lots of the comments here got deleted on accident. Those of you who commented, I'm sorry! :0(

    ReplyDelete
  5. I always find that a warm beverage of any sort puts you in the coffee-date cool club, so no shame there! :)


    I've always found that if you continually seek the Lord in what you do, and find ways to glorify him through your work, whether it's compassion for a co-worker in an office job or creating art that speaks his truth, the fretting over what you're doing and how will subside. God can use anyone in any job for his glory. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for hosting the link-up! I totally meant to do it last year, but I just kept on forgetting. Now that I remembered once, hopefully I can make it a monthly affair.


    And thank you for your kind words. Doodling is just so good. It's really helped me process a lot of my emotions this month.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like a lovely coffee date to me! I, too, am not a coffee drinker so that makes two coffee date posers. :) I also love what you said about ink + paper. I've always loved your doodles and love how ink on paper can become so very many different things. :)

    Thanks for linking up with us!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving me a note! I love hearing what my readers have to say--in fact, comments literally make my day.

Please be nice and don't use profanities or other negative language.