Recipe: Peanut Butter Banana Bread with Chocolate Chips


Okay, so I really don't bake much because my apartment oven is weird, and frankly, baking is a just an added hassle when I have biology coursework to tend to. But, last week I ended up baking a banana bread (of my own design) for a Sherlock/Olympics viewing party. It was a hit, so I made it again this week for my roommate's birthday (happy birthday, Robin!). 

Because the lighting in dorms kind of stinks, and I'm pretty sure all the banana bread is gone anyway, I've substituted a legitimate picture for one of one of Gru's minions... with bananas. It's barely relevant. If I'm feeling particularly motivated later, I'll replace this with a real photo.

I don't really bake using strict measurements... but one of my roommates really wanted the recipe, so I felt obliged to come up with one, and I think this is pretty darn close!

Ingredients:
1 1/2 cups of flour
2 tsp baking soda
1 Tbs vanilla
2 eggs
1 cup of chocolate chips
3 mashed bananas
1/3 cup of oil
1/4 cup of milk
1/2 cup brown sugar (packed)
1/3 cup of peanut butter (approximately)

Directions:
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees, and grease a 9x9 inch pan.
2. Mix wet ingredients in a large bowl. (So, bananas, oil, eggs, milk, vanilla, peanut butter, and brown sugar.)
3. Add in the flour and baking soda. Stir until thoroughly blended, then add the chocolate chips (as many as you want!). 
4.  Pour into the pan, and stick it in the oven for about 25 minutes.
5. Take it out of the oven, slice it up, and share it with your friends. :0)


P.S. I declared my major today, so I can cross another one off the "20 Before 20" list. 

1 comment:

  1. My apartment oven is weird too... the temperature feels like it's always in flux, so I hang an oven thermometer in it.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving me a note! I love hearing what my readers have to say--in fact, comments literally make my day.

Please be nice and don't use profanities or other negative language.